- People talk behind your back because they can’t get “ahead” of you.
- Don’t lose yourself in an attempt to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.
- You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.
- If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious when you open your heart.
- Being held/hugged by someone who loves you more than you love yourself is the GREATEST feeling in the world. Oh how beautiful is it to have someone else lay beside you in bed and wrap you up in their arms!!
- Genuine people are extremely rare these days. When you find that 1 person who understand you and will give it to you straight no matter what….. DON’T LET THEM GO!!!! I don’t need fake/negative people around me.
- Sometimes you just have to erase the messages, delete the numbers, and move on. You don’t have to forget who that person was to you; only accept that they aren’t that person anymore.
- The hardest part of saying goodbye is knowing you gave everything to someone who had no problem walking away. The good in that is you know they weren’t the one for you. They didn’t fight for you. In time you will heal.
- You have to get hurt. That’s how you learn. The strongest people out there, the ones who laugh the hardest with a genuine smile, (me) those are the people who have fought the toughest battles. Because they’ve decided that they’re not going to let anything hold them down again!! NEVER AGAIN!!
Lessons Learned in 2012
2012 was a great year for me and my family, and there are a few things I will take away from the last 12 months as we all start in on 2013. In no particular order:
Thanks for reading. What are you taking away from your 2012?